Indian markets also rose, tracking firm Asian cues, as yesterday's US retail sales data spurred hopes that the US Federal Reserve will not raise interest rates anytime soon. Investors eye wholesale inflation figures due out later in the day for further direction.
The benchmark 30-share S&P BSE Sensex is currently up 119.87 points or 0.46% at 26,039, while the broader CNX Nifty index rose 29.65 points or 0.38% at 7,769.
The rupee hit 60.99 against the greenback, its strongest since
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- Clinton Rallies Early Vote for Landrieu
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- 'Fury' Gets Into Soldiers' Minds: Brad Pitt
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- Car Drivers Warned to Get Air Bags Fixed