Turquoise Hill in focus
Stock futures pointed to a higher opening for
The S&P/TSX composite index gained 12.59 points to close Tuesday at 15,274.23. Futures shot 0.4% higher Wednesday.
The Canadian dollar ducked back
Turquoise Hill Resources is working to resolve a tax dispute with the Mongolian government before an extension runs out on funding commitments for the underground expansion of its Oyu Tolgoi gold and copper mine.
The July version of
Futures were moving higher, pointing toward a strong start at the opening bell, even though headlines are dominated by wars in
Ahead of the opening bell, futures for the Dow Jones Industrials moved higher 58 points, or 0.4%, to 16,577. Futures for the S&P 500 gained 8.5 points, or 0.4%, to 1,939, and futures for the NASDAQ picked up 17.5 points, or 0.5%, to 3,921.
Shares in the company behind the popular Candy Crush game -- King Digital Entertainment -- plunged by 23% in pre-market trading after the company reported that it generated less revenue and signed up fewer users than
It's worth watching American Apparel shares Wednesday after the company said it was delaying its earnings report. The firm has been in turmoil since its controversial CEO
Macy's will report earnings before the opening bell and Cisco Systems will report after the close.
Deere reported a quarterly decline in sales and income, compared to the year-earlier quarter. CEO
Economically speaking, the
Investors are watching as
Asian markets were relatively stable Wednesday. The benchmark
Oil prices doffed a nickel to
Gold prices dropped
Most Popular Stories
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Family Dollar Spurning Bid From Dollar General
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement