The management of the
Speaking during a tour of facilities at the NIGCOMSAT office in the Federal Capital Territory Abuja, the Corps Marshal of the FRSC, Boboye Oyeyemi said that a collaboration with NIGCOMSAT will help enhance road administration in the country.
He noted that the Corps had taken giant strides in the area of information and communication technology in its determination to raise the bar on road safety management by deploying Information Technology applications in almost all its administrative and operational processes.
Oyeyemi added that FRSC will partner the NIGCOMSAT to enhance its operations by deploying the Radio Frequency Identification-enabled technology in its operations.
Earlier in a presentation from its
She added that the system comprises of a wireless tag, a device that reads information contained within the wireless tag and a data base which contains the cross-referred information that is related to the tag.
"The system also houses an anti counterfeit detector which can be used to identify fake number plate and driver's license. The system can also be utilized to extract the history of drivers and their traffic offence record and can be used for real time satellite tracking and monitoring of vehicles", she said.
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say