The foundation said in a statement yesterday that the maiden edition of the award is slated for
Explaining the significance of the awards,
According to her, the annual dividend payments by
"This pool of wealth invariably spreads over to the larger Nigerian population by the beneficiary-investors through their numerous economic activities in the Nigerian economy. The annual DP-Awards presentation shall afford the public the opportunity of measuring the annual sizes of this great wealth pool," she said.
Kuye assured stakeholders in the capital market in particular of the ability of
She noted that the Board and management of the DP-Awards would track records of dividend payments by all
Some capital market stakeholders have hailed the plan of
"This is an idea that is very good for the market. The foundation must be commended for this move and I believe the awards would spur other companies that are doing well to always reward shareholders with dividend payment," Moses Igbrude of
Dividend is one of the benefits shareholders enjoy when they stake their money on shares. They also enjoy capital appreciation. Besides, dividends and capital appreciation, shareholders also stand the chance of enjoying bonus issue. This is always given by companies that do not want to give cash dividends.
Most Popular Stories
- Pickup Discounts Boost September Auto Sales
- Dallas Parents Fear Students Exposed to Ebola
- Review: Pay by Phone or Just Keep Using Plastic?
- Kurdish Militia Still Lack Weapons, Training
- N.Y. Ups Awards of State Contracts to Minorities
- Ebola Victim Was Sent Home by Dallas Hospital
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Group Offers Online Help for College Students
- What to Look for in Mich. Jobs Market
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think