Our news journalists obtained a quote from the research, "In the presence of CP-AS, the MnCO3 precursors change from cubes of approximately 450 nm to spheres of approximately 300 nm, and their basic building blocks vary from two-dimensional nanosheets to nanoflakes. The derived two types of hollow MnO2 preserve the morphologies of their own precursors well and inherit the basic building blocks."
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "The electrochemical data indicate that MnO2/CP-A5 hollow spheres exhibit not only higher specific capacitance and lower resistance, including the intrinsic resistance of the electrode, Faradaic reaction resistance, and ion-diffusion/-transport resistance, but also better electrochemical stability than MnO2 hollow cubes because of their reduced particle size, induced morphology, and modified electrode/electrolyte interface."
For more information on this research see: Effects of Amphiphilic Carbonaceous Nanomaterial on the Synthesis of MnO2 and Its Energy Storage Capability as an Electrode Material for Pseudocapacitors.
Our news journalists report that additional information may be obtained by contacting
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Iran Digs in on Underground Nuclear Site
- Existing Home Sales in U.S. Fell in August
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- Trump Plaza Asks to Sell Assets
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo
- Hispanic Designer Honored As Rising Star
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips
- Cristela Gets a Big Thumbs Up
- NFL Vetting Process: There Are No Sure Things
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy