Pretax profit for the
Production for the company was significantly higher, up 18% to 25,292 barrels of oil equivalent per day from 21,455 boepd as year ago. The volumes were driven higher by strong reservoir performance and high production efficiency, both of which
The firm has maintained its full-year average production guidance at 25,000-30,000 boepd, reflecting the ongoing performance of its existing hubs, a reduction from its Alma/Galia development in the
On Alma/Galia, the company said progress has been made on the floating production, storage and offloading unit for the development, but warned sail away is now weather-dependent. Due to the winter weather, sail away for the site is now planned for the first half of 2015, with the first oil due by the middle of the year. Reporting its full year results for 2013 in March, the company had said it expects Alma/Galia production to start in the second half of this year.
The group said, however, that the FPSO is now mostly complete and commissioning has commenced, with three wells completed and a fourth in the process of being completed for production.
"Production efficiency has been an important driver of the strong performance from our existing assets in the first half and we see this continuing in the second half of the year," said
Most Popular Stories
- Cape Cod Building Mussel Industry
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Sears Denies Store Closings, Layoffs Report
- Microsoft Beats Income Expectations
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low