The trial will study the efficacy and safety of photodynamic therapy
(PDT) with PHOTOFRIN(®) (porfimer sodium) for injection as treatment for unresectable advanced perihilar cholangiocarcinoma (CCA) Bismuth type III/IV.
"The fast pace at which we have advanced this trial, from
In January, Concordia announced an agreement with the
Concordia expects more sites to be operational over the next few weeks.
"The approved treatment options for patients with bile duct cancer, known as cholangiocarcinoma, are inadequate and only prolong life by a few months. Previous studies have shown promise for photodynamic therapy with PHOTOFRIN(®) in prolonging life more than a year for those affected by this terrible cancer. We are hopeful that this trial will provide the results needed to approve the use of this treatment for use in cholangiocarcinoma,"
Keywords for this news article include: Cancer, Therapy, Hospital, Oncology, Cholangiocarcinoma, Clinical Trials and Studies.
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say