US STOCKS ended higher yesterday as surging biotech shares helped investors shrug off disappointing retail sales data.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 91.13 points, or 0.55 per cent, to close at 16,651.67. The S&P 500 was up 12.97 points, or 0.67 per cent, to close at 1,946.72. The Nasdaq Composite added 44.88 points, or 1.02 per cent, to end at 4,434.13.
Among biotechnology stocks,
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Microsoft's Cloud Platform Shines
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- New Effort to Ban Child Labor From Tobacco Farms