Biomass is an increasingly popular option as a feedstock for power generation. According to the July analysis of the Waste Business Finder database, published in Waste Industry Sales Monitor (http://www.acucomm.net/wism), there were 43 such projects, with an identifiable value of
The popularity of biomass is being driven by the array of biomass types - from animal/agricultural waste, through domestic food waste to forestry residues - allowing countries to specialise in the types most available to them. In this way, developing countries such as
But biomass is also being adopted in established markets where technical advances in biogas, anaerobic digestion and gasification are seeing biomass play a more important role in the waste management mix.
Biomass offers efficient, environmentally-positive generation and helps secure provision in a world where traditional fuels are subject to price fluctuation and adverse geopolitical influences.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/08/prweb12089083.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Chrysler and Google Launch Virtual Plant Tour
- Perry Wants to Skip Court for Foreign Trip
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips
- Liberty Power Helps USHCC Go Green
- Iran Digs in on Underground Nuclear Site
- Hispanic Designer Honored As Rising Star