Most analysts predicted the bank to lower borrowing costs to boost consumer spending, which turned negative due to the shock of a ferry sinking in spring.
Last month, the bank cut its growth forecast for
Weak domestic spending has been a source of concern.
The bank was expected to aid the government's stimulus moves as low inflationary pressure gives room for easing.
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8