"In light of the heightened uncertainty about the current degree of slack, the committee noted the importance of monitoring the expected path of costs, particularly wages, the BoE said in its quarterly Inflation Report.
As slack has been absorbed, financial market expectations of the date of the first
Inflation is close to the 2% target and is projected to remain close to the target in the period ahead, the bank said.
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8