The Australian dollar rose to 6-day highs of 0.9287 against the US dollar, 1.1023 against the NZ dollar and 1.4390 against the euro, from early lows of 0.9262, 1.0984 and 1.4430, respectively. If the aussie extends its uptrend, it is likely to find resistance around 0.93 against the greenback, 1.105 against the kiwi and 1.42 against the euro.
Against the yen, the aussie appreciated to a 6-day high of 94.94 from an early low of 94.71. The aussie may test resistance near the 95.61 region.
Data from the
Moving away from an early low of 1.0119 against the Canadian dollar, the aussie edged up to 1.0144. On the upside, 1.02 is seen as next resistance level for the aussie.
Looking ahead, German consumer price index and wholesale price index for July are due to be released.
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say