Net profit for the second quarter was
This was 15pc higher than the
Operating expenses decreased 2pc to
Cost to income ratio improved to 46.7pc from 54.8pc mainly from revenue growth.
Net impairment provisions for the second quarter of
However, net charge for the half-year at
The ratio of non-performing loans to gross loans declined to 2.5pc from 3pc at last year-end.
The group has maintained a diverse and primarily short-term asset book with 56pc of assets having a tenor of less than one year.
Deposits grew 8pc in the first half of the year to
The liquidity position continues to be strong with liquid assets to deposits ratio at 59pc (63pc at last year-end).
Liquid assets ratio stood at 42pc (44pc at last year-end).
Shareholders' equity as of
Adjusted to Basel III basis, in line with the
"The half-year results show year-on-year profit growth for the sixth consecutive year,"
"During the first half of the year, we have also strengthened our management team with the addition of a new group chief banking officer, group chief financial officer and group head of compliance, all with significant international banking experience.
"I am confident that with our reinforced top management team in place, and with substantial capital resources and comfortable liquidity,
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- China Approves iPhone 6 After Security Assurances
- U.S. Home Prices Rose at Slowest Pace in 20 Months
- Meet the YouTube Tech Review Sensation
- Who Is Daniel Ivascyn?
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Netflix Eyes Hollywood With Feature Film
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million