ENP Newswire -
Release date- 12082014 -
The trial achieved peak download rates of 63Mb/s, a 50% increase in downlink user speeds compared with Dual Carrier-High Speed Downlink Packet Access (DC-HSDPA).
'This is a timely and important milestone in a fast expanding world of smart phones, growing mobile video demand and real-time large file download expectations,' said Wang Yixiang, President of UMTS Domain in
Universal Mobile Telecommunications System (UMTS) are the most widely deployed mobile broadband (MBB) networks worldwide. Carrier aggregation technology continues to enhance the user experience and ensures 3G will remain a viable alternative to 4G networks as they get rolled out progressively over time.
Release10 of 3GPP introduces 3C-HSDPA technology, effectively aggregating three carriers for a single downlink subscriber over one or two mainstream UMTS bands at 850-900MHz and 2100MHz. Bringing superior service experiences for mobile broadband users and significantly boosting multi-carrier aggregation efficiency, this technology also improves the efficiency of wireless spectrum usage. The recent tests made use of the latest version of
Most Popular Stories
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists
- Market Jolt Offers a Reality Check for Investors
- Clinton Rallies New England Women
- Do Voters Want Compromise?
- Stocks Close Out Best Week in Nearly 2 Years
- Timeline for New York Ebola Doctor
- Ebola in New York, Mali Raises Travel Jitters
- Steris to Add 100 Jobs in Birmingham
- Microsoft Earnings Drive Stocks Higher
- 'Kissing Congressman' Admits Mistake in Reelection Bid