The international community should not make unreasonable demands from
Those making undue demands should know that
He said resettlement and the reconciliation process guaranteed the hope of peace and harmony in society.
He said the purpose of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights is for the development of freedom, equality, dignity, justice, rights and the spirit of brotherhood in the world.
I am proud to state that
Prime Minister Jayaratne said having provided unmatched political leadership; President
Peace and sustainable development are two facets of the same issue. Efforts to create sustainable peace are always faced with challenges.
Armed conflicts, civil wars, guerrilla wars, ethnic violence and separatist movements in the world have caused untold misery and death across many generations. Terrorist attacks threaten many people. Thousands of people die every year because of violence. If every citizen practices compassion, loving kindness and transformation of anger and hatred to establish a culture of peace, we probably could save several thousands of people each year from violent deaths, he said.
Sustainable peace building begins from fostering social and political inclusion, in order to reduce violence and war as much as possible.
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World