The international community should not make unreasonable demands from
Those making undue demands should know that
He said resettlement and the reconciliation process guaranteed the hope of peace and harmony in society.
He said the purpose of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights is for the development of freedom, equality, dignity, justice, rights and the spirit of brotherhood in the world.
I am proud to state that
Prime Minister Jayaratne said having provided unmatched political leadership; President
Peace and sustainable development are two facets of the same issue. Efforts to create sustainable peace are always faced with challenges.
Armed conflicts, civil wars, guerrilla wars, ethnic violence and separatist movements in the world have caused untold misery and death across many generations. Terrorist attacks threaten many people. Thousands of people die every year because of violence. If every citizen practices compassion, loving kindness and transformation of anger and hatred to establish a culture of peace, we probably could save several thousands of people each year from violent deaths, he said.
Sustainable peace building begins from fostering social and political inclusion, in order to reduce violence and war as much as possible.
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- Clinton Rallies Early Vote for Landrieu
- Car Drivers Warned to Get Air Bags Fixed
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- Obama Building Ebola Coalition for Africa Fight
- Sub Hunt Brings Cold War Chill Back to Baltic