The pound rose to a 4-day high of 0.7966 against the euro, from an early low of 0.7979.
The pound bounced to 1.6775 against the US dollar, from an early 2-month low of 1.6756. At yesterday's close, the pound was trading at 1.6784 against the greenback.
The pound advanced to 1.5230 against the Swiss franc and 171.58 against the yen, from early lows of 1.5208 and 171.37, respectively. This may be compared to early 4-days high of 1.5232 against the franc and 171.69 against the yen. The pound closed yesterday's deals at 1.5216 against the franc and 171.50 against the yen.
If the pound extends its uptrend, it is likely to find resistance around 0.791 against the euro, 1.68 against the greenback, 1.53 against the franc and 172.70 against the yen.
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- What to Look for in Mich. Jobs Market
- Construction Spending Down Again for August
- Obama Seeks Traction From Economic Recovery
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry