State Bank of
SBP s targets a 15% share of banking system assets for the sector by 2018, up from around 10%.
The Islamic banking services will help to expand overall banking system penetration, which is low in
Strong asset growth is expected to drive the growth of Islamic banking in
The majority of the rated banks deposits are low cost, current and savings accounts. Banks deposit costs rose following the SBP s increases to the minimum rate payable on saving deposit accounts.
The overall trend is positive for Islamic banking in
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- Is Alibaba's IPO Price a Fairytale?
- California King Fire Roars Out of Control
- Kardashian: Kanye Never Told Fan in Wheelchair to Stand Up
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- SBA Kicks off Hispanic Heritage Month
- CalPERS Pulls Out of Hedge Funds
- U.S. Tobacco Growers Lose Last of Price Supports
- Los Angeles Angels Clinch Playoff Spot
- Sanctions Push Russian Ruble to Historic Low