The 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average ended up 52.32 points, or 0.35 percent, from Tuesday at 15,213.63. The broader Topix index of all First Section issues on the
Major gainers included shipping, steel and real estate issues while mining, pharmaceutical, and utility shares lost ground.
Most Popular Stories
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists