ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — Authorities in central Florida are investigating a traffic crash that injured the mother and cousin of professional wrestler and actor Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.
According to Clermont police, officers stopped a vehicle believed to be driven by an impaired driver on Aug. 2. Police say the driver fled the stop, ran two nearby red lights, and struck a vehicle driven by a woman identified as Johnson's mother. She and a passenger, Johnson's cousin, were taken to the hospital with minor injuries.
A police report did not list their names.
Police filed a warrant for DUI and other charges with the state attorney's office on the driver of the vehicle that fled the stop.
On his Twitter account, Johnson called the incident completely preventable.
Most Popular Stories
- Cape Cod Building Mussel Industry
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Sears Denies Store Closings, Layoffs Report
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- Microsoft Beats Income Expectations