The survey results from the Mannheim-based
At the same time, assessment of current economic situation declined in August, with the corresponding index falling to 44.3 from 61.8 in July. The reading was well below the expected level of 54.
Traders assess geopolitical developments as
The euro hit 0.7951 against the pound, a 4-day low, which may be compared to an early high of 0.7979. The euro is poised to challenge support around the 0.79 zone. The pair was worth 0.7971 when it ended deals yesterday.
Like-for-like sales in the
That was well shy of forecasts for an increase of 0.9% following the 0.8% contraction in June.
The euro that closed Monday's trading at 1.3383 against the US dollar dropped to a 5-day low of 1.3338. The euro is likely to challenge support around the 1.33 mark.
Pulling away from an early high of 136.88 against the yen, the euro dropped to a 4-day low of 136.43. Further weakness may take the euro to a support around the 135.00 mark. The pair traded at 136.63 at yesterday's close.
Industrial output slid 3.4% month-on-month in June compared to the initial estimate of 3.3% decline.
The euro reversed from early high of 1.4462 against the aussie and declined to a 4-day low of 1.4399. If the euro extends slide, it may possibly find support around the 1.43 zone. At yesterday's close, the pair was worth 1.4446.
The single currency eased to 1.5827 against the NZ dollar, after having advanced to a new 2-month high of 1.5897 at
The euro slipped to 1.4599 against the Canadian dollar, its lowest since
Looking ahead, US monthly budget statement for July is due at
Most Popular Stories
- Paniagua Wins Grand Prize in Young Artists Program
- IBM to Pay Big to Unload Chip Division
- Yaris Adds French Flair for US Market
- Sub Hunt Brings Cold War Chill Back to Baltic
- Canadian Pacific Ends CSX Talks
- Cowboys Turn Back Clock to Glory Days
- Kerry Cites Moral Need in Weapons Air Drop
- US Stocks Move Higher Despite Drag by IBM
- Cable TV Not Going Away, Says Cable TV
- Peyton Manning Sets TD Passing Record