Photo tweeted by @pinark_kaya
Thousands of commuters were left stranded on Tuesday after a
The Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) temporarily suspended services on part of the Red Line and posted on
Frustrated travellers on their way home from work tweeted photos of the chaos at the station with some complaining that they were stuck waiting for buses for hours. According to those on board, the train broke down at around
A passenger tweeted: "Metro drove over something & half the lights went out, we’ve been asked to leave the train & all other trains aren’t moving."
The RTA said alternative shuttle buses were available at the affected stations.
Photo tweeted by ?@GugziiBugzii
But metro users tweeted their anger at the lack of service.
"Waiting at the WTC metro/bus station for the past 45 mins but didn’t see any bus! Big time mismanagement!" said one, while another tweeted: "After a long day of stressful work this is what you will got.. Stuck in the #metrostation for more than 3 hours @RTA_Dubai"
"The RTA apologize for any inconvenience the team are working hard to bring the service back," the RTA added on
Most Popular Stories
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week