The Standard & Poor's 500 index rose five points, or 0.3 percent, to close at 1,936 Monday.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 16 points, or 0.1 percent, to 16,569. The Nasdaq composite rose 30 points, or 0.7 percent, to 4,401.
Bond prices barely budged. The yield on the 10-year Treasury note held steady at 2.42 percent.
Most Popular Stories
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists
- Stock Market Seesaw Gives Investors Pause
- 'Twilight's' Kristen Stewart Captures Work of Guantánamo Guards in 'Camp X-Ray'
- Weight Loss Claim for Green Coffee Beans Doesn't Hold Water
- Mexico's Pemex Reports Loss
- Holdout Files New Complaint Against Argentina Over Defaulted Debt
- 'Kissing Congressman' Admits Mistake in Reelection Bid
- Beepi Eases Peer-to-peer Auto Sales
- Steris to Add 100 Jobs in Birmingham
- Europe's Bank Test Aims to Strengthen Economy