The 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average ended up 30.79 points, or 0.20 percent, from Monday at 15,161.31. The broader Topix index of all First Section issues on the
Gainers were led by glass and ceramic product, precision instrument and electric power and gas issues, while decliners included the textile and information and communication sectors.
Most Popular Stories
- Pickup Discounts Boost September Auto Sales
- Kurdish Militia Still Lack Weapons, Training
- Review: Pay by Phone or Just Keep Using Plastic?
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Ebola Victim Was Sent Home by Dallas Hospital
- N.Y. Ups Awards of State Contracts to Minorities
- Dallas Parents Fear Students Exposed to Ebola
- Group Offers Online Help for College Students
- Baker Hughes to Disclose Fracking Chemicals
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think