Stocks may also get a slight boost from dovish remarks by a top Federal Reserve official.
US Federal Reserve Vice Chair
Markets were volatile last week, but in the absence of first-tier economic data, the major averages may move in a tighter range today.
A half hour before the opening bell, the Dow futures are adding 60 points, the S&P 500 futures are rising 9.5 points and the Nasdaq 100 futures are moving up 22 points.
In corporate news,
Food services provider
In other markets, The
Crude oil futures for September are up
Gold prices are down slightly Monday morning, with the recovery in global equity markets prompting investors to seek riskier assets.
Gold futures for December are down
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Aaron Hernandez: I Felt Helpless to Refuse Police
- Parameters Being Drawn for IS Action
- Cedeno Named USHCC Businessman of the Year
- Anheuser-Busch, Visa Voice NFL Disapproval
- Can Kobach Keep Taylor's Name on Ballot?
- Two-thirds of Hispanics Doubt Media Accuracy