Positive cues from Asian as well as European markets in line with weekend rally in the US markets on easing of tensions in
The BSE S&P BSE 30-share Sensex resumed strong and was in positive terrain throughout the day, before ending at 25,519.24 — a rise of 190.10 points or 0.75 per cent. In previous three days, it plunged 579 points or 2.23 per cent.
The wide-based 50-issue CNX Nifty also bounced back 57.40 points, or 0.76 per cent, to 7,625.95. It had stumbled by 178 points or 2.3 per cent in the previous three trading days.
Auto stocks were in the limelight and mainly led the rally. M&M was the top gainer from Sensex with a rise of 6.45 per cent on hopes of good tractor sales after monsoon rains.
In real estate sector, a significant number of shares ended in the green.
The rupee surrendered its early gains and softened by a mere
However, smart recovery in local equities and weak US overseas capped the rupee fall, a forex dealer said. At the Interbank Foreign Exchange market, the domestic unit commenced strong at 61.02, which was also the day's high, from last weekend's close of 61.15.
Most Popular Stories
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists