The move to secure loan by President
President Jonathan had recently made known his intention to borrow
But Professor Olowofela described the move as self-serving, destructive and against national interest .
Olowofela who was answering questions from members of Correspondents' chapel who paid him visit in his
The politician who is the Caretaker Chairman, Ido Local Government Area of Oyo State said the loan certainly would not serve the corporate interest of
"The proposed loan, certainly; this is not the appropriate time. In fact, many people feel that there must be another reason behind it .
Some were even saying maybe it is a plot by the President to execute his political campaign programme . You know, because when you look at the spate of impeachment going on in the country, people believe a lot of money would have changed hands . So if you are seeking such a quantum funds this time around some believe that it is a plot to perpetuate the present administration in power. And that is the feelings of majority of Nigerians, and that is my feeling", he said.
Rather than asking for loan to equip the military, Olowofela said the most important need in
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Chrysler and Google Launch Virtual Plant Tour
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips
- Perry Wants to Skip Court for Foreign Trip
- Liberty Power Helps USHCC Go Green
- Hispanic Designer Honored As Rising Star
- Porn Lovers Get a New Search Engine