ENP Newswire -
Release date- 08082014 - The fifth and final docking of a
Automated Transfer Vehicle (ATV) 5, which is named 'George Lemaitre' in honor of the 20th century Belgian astronomer and physicist credited with proposing the theory of the expansion of the universe. Loaded with more than seven tons of fuel and supplies for the station crew, the George Lemaitre is scheduled to dock automatically to the aft port of the station's Zvezda Service Module at
The spacecraft's arrival at the station will mark the end of a two-week journey that began
The Georges Lemaitre is expected to remain docked to the station until late
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- Can You Be Fired for Using Medical Marijuana?
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Wealth Gap Widens as Rich Spend More on Kids' Education
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him
- Lack of Sea Ice Brings 35,000 Walruses Ashore