Prepaid users on MTN's network can now access LTE using a 128k SIM.
MTN has announced the availability of long-term evolution (LTE) for PayAsYouGo subscribers.
MTN says LTE will provide high-speed Internet access to customers with an LTE device, in areas covered by the latest generation wireless technology.
"The new MTN PayAsYouGo LTE SIM cards (128k) are available from any MTN branded store including participating retail outlets."
The operator says existing prepaid customers that want to perform SIM swaps to the new LTE (128k) will also now be able to do this.
The MTN LTE PayAsYouGo SIM pack will consist of the standard SIM, micro SIM and nano SIM and will cost R1.50.
"Once a customers has a 128k SIM and has an LTE device, the customer will be auto-provisioned."
MTN notes that LTE supports new generation applications like high-definition television (HDTV), online gaming, video conferencing and multi-channel streaming HDTV.
launched (../index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=60474) its commercial LTE service at the end of
While the service was initially only available for contract subscribers on both operators' networks,
"We want everyone to have access to the latest technology and fastest mobile connection, so there's no additional charge for LTE. All you'll need is a 64kb or higher SIM card and a compatible device,"
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World