FNB Zambia has said mobile banking usage rates are set to grow swiftly due to increasing mobile phone penetration rate and an innovative banking sector that is pushing hard to reach a large, still unbanked segment of the country's population.
In an interview in
Ms Mulenga said the bank was gradually moving from using mobile and internet banking merely for information purposes such as checking one's balance or statement to actually transacting on the phones.
"Subsequently, at FNB, we have seen a steady growth in transactions and volumes across all our channels as customers' comfort levels with internet and mobile banking rise.
The increasing convergence between cell phone and banking technology for communication, shopping and banking means more of our customers are using their devices for banking purposes," Ms Mulenga said.
She said in the last three years, FNB has seen an increase in the number of customers who use mobile phones and tablets to do their banking using the bank's banking application.
Most Popular Stories
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million
- Is North Korea's Kim Jong Ill?
- International Coffee Day Means Free Coffee at Dunkin' Donuts, Krispy Kreme, McDonalds
- Pending U.S. Home Sales Slid in August
- Jerry Brown Signs 'Yes Means Yes' Law
- Drunk Driver Rear Ends Jennifer Lopez, Leah Remini's Car
- George Clooney Says 'I Do' For a Second Time
- GoPro Launching Three New Cameras
- Macy's Boosts Holiday Hiring 3.6 Percent