Activities at the
The banking hall was crowded to the extent that customers, who were mainly students, were restricted from entering. Inside Banking Hall noticed two long queues that stretched into the University car park. While one of the queues was for those entering the banking hall, the other was for those that wanted to use the automated teller machine (ATM).
The queue for those going into the banking hall got stalled after a while and upon enquiry we got this: "The banking hall is filled, that is why they are not allowing people to go in again." Unfortunately, as the customers waited for the banking hall to decongest, the number of those on the queue continued to increase.
This branch has two ATMs, but only one was functional at the time of this observation, while the word "service in progress, available shortly," was displayed on the other ATM. At the time of this observation, the six cashiers were extremely busy attending to customers, while the customer information service officer, had a lot of customers to attend to. Clearly, the management of GTBank has to develop a strategy to address the situation as it is common for this branch to witness this kind of crowd.
GTBank will also have to consider deploying an electronic branch, which to a large extent has been successful in some areas
Most Popular Stories
- Creepers! Microsoft Buys 'Minecraft' Maker for $2.5 Billion
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- Back to School, Even in Immigration Jail
- Hispanic Buying Power Slow but Growing in South
- Apple: Record iPhones 6 Orders on 1st Day
- U.S. Factory Output Slowed 0.4 Percent in August
- Is a Mayweather, Pacquiao Big-Money Fight Possible?
- Clinton: 'Fabulous to Be Back' in Iowa
- 'No Good Deed' Defeats 'Guardians' at Theaters
- Bolivar Appointed to NSHMBA National Board