The Bank has taken a conscious decision to slow-down corporate lending because of inherent risks of the bad loans. Corporate loans have remained flat and the bank have witnessed a growth of 20 per cent in retail loan portfolio. Main focus areas remain to be housing and gold loans.
Corporate loans stands at around 65 per cent of the bank s advance portfolio; and the remaining 35 per cent is retail loans. By the end of this fiscal, the bank targets 40 per cent of loan book to be from retail loans; and the remaining 60 per cent from corporates.
In the long run, the bank plans to reduce the corporate loan portfolio to 45 per cent and increase the retail part to 55 per cent in the coming days.
Most Popular Stories
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- Cape Cod Building Mussel Industry
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Sears Denies Store Closings, Layoffs Report
- Teresa Giudice Must Serve Time in Prison