Former minister of finance and proponent of zoning, Mallam Adamu Ciroma, said at the weekend in
Ciroma was a leading force in the agitation for the zoning arrangement in the ruling
The former minister and one-time governor of the Central Bank of
Ciroma insisted that he was at the meeting where the PDP agreed on zoning the presidency between the north and the south, adding that President
Also commenting on statements purportedly credited to ex-militant leader, Asari Dokubo, who was alleged to have declared that there would be no
Ciroma said further that "one of the reasons for the insecurity in the country is that there is a perception that the governors are not being fair and just to everybody in the states and they try to break those who are not their friends politically and people try to resist.
"You remember that at the beginning of this Boko Haram, I was a political participant who supported a certain governor, and some other people were killed by security agencies and that really was the beginning of this Boko Haram issue.
"So people in leadership positions have to be fair and just to all. You cannot just eliminate people just because they don't like you or they didn't support you". He further declared that he does not believe in speculations that helicopters were distributing food items materials to the Boko Haram insurgence in Borno state.
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- California King Fire Roars Out of Control
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Is Alibaba's IPO Price a Fairytale?
- Kardashian: Kanye Never Told Fan in Wheelchair to Stand Up
- SBA Kicks off Hispanic Heritage Month
- CalPERS Pulls Out of Hedge Funds
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Two-thirds of Hispanics Doubt Media Accuracy
- U.S. Tobacco Growers Lose Last of Price Supports