Listed companies that have the policy of rewarding their shareholders year-on-year with dividends will soon begin to receive recognition for their efforts in boosting investors' confidence in the Nigerian capital market.
The award, termed "Dividend Payment Award for
According to the Foundation, the Award would be presented annually to companies that have achieved unbroken record of dividend payment spanning period of five to 75 years, and would be tracked through their published Annual Reports and Accounts.
In a statement made available to Vanguard, the Board said that the Award consideration would begin from a company's year of listing on the
Speaking, the Board Chair, Dame Kuye, said the Awards would be given to listed companies as rewards for growing investors' wealth through dividend payments and for contributing to the growth of the Nigerian economy through their positive turnovers that resulted in the dividend payments.
Most Popular Stories
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- 10 Things to Know About Alibaba
- Five Steps to Protect Yourself from Data Breaches
- Concur Sold to SAP for $8.3B
- Chrysler Recalls Nearly 189,000 SUVs
- Intruder Gets into White House
- Federal Probe Finds Christie Did Not Order 'Bridgegate'
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas