Slightly easing geopolitical worries following a fresh 3-day truce in the
Gold futures for December are down
On Friday, gold futures ended down
A recovery in the US equity market and some strong economic data halted gold's rise. Gold gained 1.25% for the week.
Silver for September is down
Traders will be looking ahead to some Fed speeches and data on US retail sales and consumer sentiment during this week.
Also due this week are the Federal Reserve's industrial production report for July, the results of New York Federal Reserve's manufacturing survey and weekly jobless claims data.
Most Popular Stories
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists