The fund is fully subscribed and investors include CXOs, reputed industrialists, family offices, professionals and UHNIs. The fund had announced its first close of
Speaking at the final close, Balakrishnan said, "Our proposition of a practitioner driven fund in funding disruptive technology ideas with high impact strategic interventions has resonated well with the investors. We are excited about the response and have already firmed up a few investment opportunities. The start up space is extremely vibrant and the timing is opportune to invest."
He also mentioned that the fund has signed up four transactions that are in advanced stage of closure.
The fund was started with the idea of helping IT industry executives who wanted to turn entrepreneurs after leaving brands like
However, later it expanded its scope to invest in any startup that has out-of-the-box idea and potential to scale.
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- Is Alibaba's IPO Price a Fairytale?
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- Los Angeles Angels Clinch Playoff Spot
- U.S. Producer Prices Held Steady in August
- Sanctions Push Russian Ruble to Historic Low
- Scottish Leaders Scramble for Votes on Independence
- U.S. Tobacco Growers Lose Last of Price Supports
- Bolivar Appointed to NSHMBA National Board
- Kardashian: Kanye Never Told Fan in Wheelchair to Stand Up