Russian war planes have finished military exercises near
Renewed speculation that the US Federal Reserve will keep interest rates at zero for another year has also generated hunger for equities.
US Federal Reserve Vice Chair
The German DAX gained 1.9%, the French CAC 40 added 1.2% and the
Auto related stocks performed particularly well, extending strong gains from Friday. Mining stocks also rose.
In corporate news, Banco Popolare SC surged 8.3% after the Italian lender posted a surprising profit in the second quarter.
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say