Bank downgrade in focus
Stock markets in
The S&P/TSX composite index gained 80.79 points to barge out of the gate at 15,277.10.
The Canadian dollar inched up
Standard & Poor's said on Friday it had revised its outlook on Canadian banks to negative, due to concerns the government is becoming less willing to bail out banks in the event of a financial crisis.
Canaccord raised the target price on Alliance Grain to
On the economic slate,
All 14 Toronto subgroups were up to begin Monday, with global base metals surging 1.1%, metals and mining soaring 1%, and industrials up 0.9%.
U.S. stocks rose on Monday, extending Friday's sharp rally as concerns eased over both Federal Reserve monetary policy and the tense situation between
The Dow Jones Industrials acquired 45.18 points to 16,599.11
The S&P 500 picked up 9.12 points to 1,940.71. The NASDAQ composite tacked on 33.54 points to 4,404.94.
Priceline Group Inc shares rose 2.6% to
Kinder Morgan Inc on Sunday said it would put all its publicly traded units under one roof in a
Shares jumped 8.6% to
MannKind Corp rose 22% to
Chiquita Brands International Inc climbed 31% to
Prices for 10-year U.S. Treasuries sagged, raising yields to 2.43% from Friday's 2.42%. Treasury prices and yields move in opposite directions.
Oil prices gained
Gold prices dropped a dollar at
Most Popular Stories
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux Set the Date
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low
- Stocks Continue Strong After Opening Surge
- Teresa Giudice Must Serve Time in Prison