The Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange (ADX) general index went up 1.10 per cent to reach 4,997.59 but volumes were still low.
In Dubai, the total trade value reached Dh678.8 million — an increase from the Dh290 million that were traded on Sunday.
Powerhouses in Dubai also showed signs of growth, with
On the short term, however, he expected the DFM index to trade between 4,750 and 5,100.
"Trade could improve in September, because it is usually a season when investors tend to purchase stocks ... Regarding ADX, it appears to be high-risk due to the low trade values so I wouldn't recommend trade at such low levels," said
Of the 31 stocks traded on DFM, 20 went up, eight went down, and three remained unchanged. Of the 33 stocks traded on ADX, 18 advanced, seven declined, and eight remained flat.
Most Popular Stories
- Scholarships Offered for Hispanic Heritage Month
- Latin America Seeks Ways to Add Value to China Exports
- Boeing Succeeds in Early Wooing of China Airline Startups
- Hope Solo Sets Shutout Record in US Rout of Mexico
- Hurdles for Obama Health Law in Second Enrollment Season
- Etsy Says 'No' to Redskins Logo, Name
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- IS Releases New Beheading Video
- Detroit Bankruptcy: Pivotal Progress in Trial's Second Week
- Sneak Peek: A Roundup of 2015 New Models