Notice Type: Combine Solicitation
Subject: Q-- 544-14-4-041-0038 Ten RN Nurses
Classification Code: Q - Medical services
Solicitation Number: VA24714R1238
Setaside: Total Small BusinessTotal Small Business
Place of Performance (address):
Place of Performance (zipcode): 29209
Place of Performance Country:
This is a combined synopsis/solicitation for commercial items prepared in accordance with the format in Subpart 12.6, as supplemented with additional information included in this notice. This announcement is being issued as a request for proposal (RFP) and constitutes the only solicitation; proposals are being requested and a written solicitation will not be issued. The solicitation document and incorporated provisions and clauses are those in effect through Federal Acquisition Circular #2005-71 Effective 25Nov2013.
This combined synopsis/solicitation is being competed on a 100% Small Business (SB) set aside. This acquisition will be competed to the full extent required by regulation. The NAICS code that applies is 621399 and business size standard is
This requirement is for Ten (10) Registered Nurses for a period of five (5) months from date of award.
PERFORMANCE WORK STATEMENT:
This performance based work statement describes the requirements for a non-personal service contract for Registered Nurse services to support the mission of the
b. Contract Nurse Services are needed to provide nursing care for the Intensive Care units (ICU's), MICU, CCU, PCU and the SICU.
c. The terms and conditions of the Contractor's Federal Supply Schedule (FSS) fully apply to this contract.
a. Place of Performance: In accordance with the task order duty pricing schedule, each Registered Nurse (RN) shall be assigned to:
(1) Intensive Care Unit: (MICU, CCU, PCU and SICU)
b. Work Flexibility: Each RN shall rotate into duty sections as needed to support patient care.
c. Work Schedule: The Contracting Officer's Representative (COR) will provide technical direction on specific tour of duty. Typically, the tour of duty shall be:
1. For ICU the work schedule shall consist of compressed tour of coverage of day and/or night shifts consisting of six (6) 12 hour tours;
2. RN's shall be present are the VA Facility during working hours and shall work 100% of the contracted hours. Any leave, including sick leave or vacation time shall be the responsibility of the contractor.
3. The ICU RN shall be the primary care nurse and provide nursing care for 2:1 patient to nurse ratio in the ICU's and a 4:1 patient to nurse ratio in the PCU.
d. Duties: The contractor shall provide responsible management of medical care. Care provided shall respect and integrate the patient's beliefs, values and cultural influences. The duties of each contract nurse shall include but not limited to treating inpatients, performing nursing assessments and appropriate nursing procedures. They will provide direct nursing care including completion of basic hygiene and activities of daily living, administering medications and monitoring patient's response to medications. Also, assuring that diagnostic tests are completed and results are communicated, arranging follow up care, patient education and documenting all aspects of patient care into the clinical record.
4. Qualifications: Each RN providing services under this contract shall:
" Throughout the contract term, possess an unrestricted license in a U.S. states, Territory or US Commonwealth.
" Speak English proficiently.
" Provide evidence of demonstrated current clinical competencies-ie; skills assessment checklist within the current year.
" Be a US citizen.
" Provide evidence of current professional liability insurance.
" Have a current Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Basic Life Support (BLS) certifications.
" Be a team player.
" Be computer literate at Dorn VAMC,
" Have a minimum of 2 years' experience working as a Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN).
4. Compliance with Policies, Procedures and Regulations: The contractor shall meet
5. Orientation and Training: All nurses providing services under this contract shall attend all mandatory orientation and training specified by the government.
a. Facility orientation period. All nurses providing services under this contract shall attend all mandatory nursing orientation which includes:
" Training on nursing policy and procedures.
" Skills self- assessment.
" Contract duties
" Performance Based Matrix
" VA Internet resources
" Emergency Care and Crash Cart
" Administering facility specific medication.
" Administration test for RN's (within 10 business days of the date of the task order. Each RN shall pass the facility specific medication administration test with no more than 3 attempts and shall achieve a score of no less than 80% out of a possible 100%.
" Training on pressure ulcers and wound care, fall prevention, isolation, correct site surgery, pain management, documentation and post mortem care.
" Training in
" Training on Hemotherapy, IV therapy/policy, venous access,
" Prevention and Management of Disruptive Behavior (PMDB) training.
b. Each nurse shall report to their assigned ward if any orientation session is cancelled or shortened.
6. Competencies: Perform 100% of required task at 100% of the required competencies.
7. Information Technology Skills: The RN shall be required to use the hospital computer system to include; taking off orders, completing progress notes, keeping reminders for preventative health current, checking computerized patient medical record on a daily basis for accuracy and flagging medications for provider review. The RN shall also review patient information via CPRS for information such as labs, medications and progress notes from other providers and support staff.
8. VISTA (Veterans Information System Technology Architecture). VA will provide the contractor with access to VISTA and the facility CPRS that contains patient medical records, medication profiles, laboratory and radiology data. This will also include other diagnostic test results. Access shall be for the purpose of:
" Obtaining patient specific information
" Requesting specialty consults laboratory, radiology and other diagnostic tests.
" Communicating with VA staff about patient care issues.
" Checking formulary status of drugs.
9. Contract Performance Monitoring:
a. The contractor shall send certified time to the COR on a weekly basis for the reporting and departing work. Services rendered shall be verified by the record keeping system, maintained by the COR who assures the VA pays for only those services actually performed.
b. The Government may evaluate the quality of professional and administrative services provided but retains no control over the medical, professional aspects of services rendered (e.g. professional judgment, diagnosis for such medical treatment).
10. Termination for Convenience: Subject to 14 day notice, the Government reserves the right to terminate this contract for convenience if the need for this service changes or is no longer required.
ALL OFFERERS SHALL SUBMIT THE CONTRACTING OFFICER THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTATION
1. SF1449, signed and dated (completed in full)
2. Completed FAR 52.212-5, Contract Terms and Conditions required to implement statutes or
executive orders-Commercial Items (
3. Ensure to review Evaluation Factors for basis of award
6. Ensure to read entire SF1449 for any other documents as required for completion to include all contract clauses.
This is a Lowest Price Technically Acceptable (LPTA) acquisition. The Government will make an award to the responsible offeror whose offer conforming to the solicitation is the most advantageous to the government. For further information and solicitation package, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, phone # 803-776-4000, x5749.
Terms of the solicitation and specifications remain unchanged unless the solicitation is amended in writing. If an amendment is issued, normal procedures relating to the acknowledgement and receipt of solicitation shall apply.
All offers are due by
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype