The country achieved in 2012/2013 agricultural campaign a cereal production amounted at one 1.6 million tons, with highlight to maize with about 1.5 million tons.
This was said on Friday in Menongue, southern Cuando Cubango province, by the advisor of
The official provided this information to the media during a seminar on Agro-meteorology, for 35 technicians of the
According to the advisor, the agricultural campaign, despite the droughts that hit the country, allowed producing 38.000 tons of millet, 46.000 tons of sorghum, 37 tons of rice, and it was cultivated 64.787 hectares in an area of harvest of 33.729 new metres.
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- Clinton Rallies Early Vote for Landrieu
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- Car Drivers Warned to Get Air Bags Fixed
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- 'Fury' Gets Into Soldiers' Minds: Brad Pitt