Crude for September delivery rose
However, with Ukrainian forces intensifying their attack on the rebels, the situation is still somewhat tense there.
The US President
Meanwhile, an Egyptian-brokered 72-hour cease-fire has come into effect in the
The loonie edged up to 93.23 against the yen, compared to last week's close of 92.92. The next possible upside target for the loonie is seen around the 94.00 mark.
Further, in its monthly report, the bank said exports are likely to head for a moderate increase mainly against the background of the recovery in overseas economies.
The loonie recovered to 1.0150 against the Australian dollar, after having fallen to a 4-day low of 1.0189 at
The loonie that ended deals at 1.4712 on Friday against the euro climbed to 1.4661. Next key resistance level for the loonie is seen around the 1.46 region.
The loonie rose back against the US dollar with pair trading at 1.0949. The pair was worth 1.0971 when it closed deals last week. The loonie may challenge resistance around the 1.09 mark.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Who's Next? More Nude Celeb Pics Hacked, Leaked
- Tips for Hiding, Securing Data on Smartphones
- Hispanic Enterprises Drive U.S. Economy
- ISIS Calls for Jihad Against 'Filthy French'
- Fed in No Rush to Raise Interest Rates
- Would You Trade Privacy for Job Security?
- Cristela Gets a Big Thumbs Up
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Iran Says Syria Strikes Illegal