Data from the
The index for business conditions came in with a score of +2, rising from +2 in the previous month.
Separate news from the
On a yearly basis, house prices jumped 10.1% - also beating expectations for 9.3% but slowing from 10.9% in the previous three months.
The Australian dollar rose to a 5-day high of 1.0979 against the NZ dollar, from an early low of 1.0944. If the aussie extends its uptrend, it is likely to find resistance around the 1.10 area.
The aussie, which closed yesterday's deals at 1.4446 against the euro, strengthened to a 4-day high of 1.446. This may be compared to an early 4-day low of 1.4426. The aussie may test resistance near the 1.448 region.
Moving away from early lows of 0.9247 against the US dollar and 94.59 against the yen, the aussie edged up to 0.9268 and 94.83, respectively. On the upside, 0.93 against the greenback and 95.68 against the yen are seen as next resistance level for the aussie.
Against the Canadian dollar, the aussie edged up to 1.0136. This may be compared to an 4-day low of 1.0108. If the aussie continues its uptrend, it is likely to find resistance around the 1.02 region.
In the European session, ZEW economic sentiment survey for
In the New york session, US monthly budget statement of July is due at
Most Popular Stories
- Scholarships Offered for Hispanic Heritage Month
- Boeing Succeeds in Early Wooing of China Airline Startups
- Latin America Seeks Ways to Add Value to China Exports
- EU Finance Ministers Discuss Investment Plan
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- IS Releases New Beheading Video
- Detroit Bankruptcy: Pivotal Progress in Trial's Second Week
- Will Apple's Digital Wallet Conquer the Card Swipe?
- Apple Reportedly Spent $100MM for Free U2 Album from iTunes
- Olive Garden's Breadsticks Targeted by Activist Investor