Amazon Studios has set a premiere date for its third group of pilots.
Five new pilots will debut August 28 on Amazon Instant Video in the U.S. and U.K. The projects include Steven Soderbergh workplace comedy Red Oaks, Whit Stillman dramedy The Cosmopolitans with Adam Brody and Chloe Sevigny, Marc Forster drama Hand of God with Ron Perlman and Dana Delaney, Shaun Cassidy thriller Hysteria with Mena Suvari and Jay Chandrasekhar comedy Really with Sarah Chalke.
The studio's first pilot season in April 2013 saw political comedy Alpha House, tech comedy Betas, children's series Annedroids and animated series Creative Galaxy and Tumble Leaf greenlighted, while the second pilot season in February produced crime drama Bosch, sci-fi drama The After, dramedy Transparent, music comedy Mozart in the Jungle, animated series Whishenpoof! and children's series Gortimer Gibbon's Life on Normal Street.
Viewer feedback will help the studio determine which pilots to pick up. Greenlit series are available on Amazon Prime Instant Video.
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World