Aug. 07--The expansion of billing and financial offices by an affiliate of Lutheran Hospital is expected to bring about 320 jobs to Fort Wayne.
Gov. Mike Pence was scheduled to be in Fort Wayne on Thursday morning for the announcement at 1700 Magnavox Way.
About 177 of the jobs currently exist in Fort Wayne, but The News-Sentinel has learned that more will be added at the 40-year-old, 347,000- square-foot facility near Interstate 69 and Indiana 14 that also houses offices of Lincoln Financial, General Dynamics, Hotel Fitness and Ash Brokerage. The new operation would occupy about 70,000 square feet.
The new jobs at the "shared services center" would be added over the next several months.
Hospital officials declined to comment Wednesday about government incentives that might be offered or the salaries that will be paid.
The announcement follows word this week that Lutheran's parent company, Tennessee-based Community Health Systems, will pay the federal government $98 million to settle a lawsuit filed in Fort Wayne five years ago in which a former Lutheran nurse alleged some of the company's hospitals admitted patients unnecessarily, passing the costs on to government programs. Community Health operates 206 hospitals.
Check back at news-sentinel.com or in Friday's News-Sentinel for possible updates.
(c)2014 The News-Sentinel (Fort Wayne, Ind.)
Visit The News-Sentinel (Fort Wayne, Ind.) at www.news-sentinel.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Original headline: Lutheran-affiliated billing, financial offices expanding, to bring 320 jobs to Fort Wayne
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- Microsoft's Cloud Platform Shines
- Clinton Rallies Early Vote for Landrieu
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform