ENP Newswire -
Release date- 08082014 - The specialty chemicals Group ALTANA was able to achieve a significant increase in its sales and earnings in the first half of 2014.
Sales in the first six months of the current fiscal year grew by 11 percent to
Adjusted for the acquisition-related growth contribution (10 percent) and negative exchange rate effects (2 percent), operating sales in the first six months of 2014 rose by 4 percent. This growth was driven by higher sales volumes and the sale of even higher value-added products.
Additives business posts strong growth due to acquisition
The BYK Additives & Instruments division achieved the strongest growth within the Group. At BYK, sales rose by 30 percent to
With an increase of 1 percent respectively, sales in the ELANTAS Electrical Insulation (
Business in the
With an increase in sales of 21 percent, ALTANA posted by far the strongest growth in the
ALTANA confirms its forecast for the full year and still anticipates a high single-digit increase in sales. Adjusted for acquisition and exchange rate effects, the planned sales growth is expected to be in the low to medium single-digit percentage range.
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say