In his Proms appearance with the
He brought the same qualities to both. Technically, his playing was utterly assured, with an easy confidence to his delivery of even the fastest and most tricky passages. But virtuosity never came at the expense of musicality, with melodies nicely profiled throughout. Grosvenor is still only 22, but these appreciable performances confirmed his already remarkable achievements.
If the Franck was a once-familiar piece making a welcome comeback,
Noseda closed the concert with a grandiose French warhorse, Saint-Saens' rumbustious Third Symphony. With the unstinting help of solo organist
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Who's Next? More Nude Celeb Pics Hacked, Leaked
- Tips for Hiding, Securing Data on Smartphones
- Hispanic Enterprises Drive U.S. Economy
- ISIS Calls for Jihad Against 'Filthy French'
- Would You Trade Privacy for Job Security?
- Fed in No Rush to Raise Interest Rates
- Cristela Gets a Big Thumbs Up
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Iran Says Syria Strikes Illegal