The analysis by a social solidarity society that looks after prisoners said that the findings applied in 60 per cent of the cases where families suffered financial problems.
"Foreign travel in some cases costs the family their salaries for one year due to poor financial planning and over-reliance on credit,"
Another reason for "financial deterioration among families" is that the husband forces his wife to give him power of attorney over her money and she cannot refuse in order to avoid marital problems, including divorce, he added.
"Such situations eventually result in legal complications and we try to help through offering assistance," he said.
The society last month helped 171 families with assistance worth
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million
- Effort to Oust Assad Put on Hold
- Qantas Puts World's Largest Plane on Longest Route
- Los Angeles Set to Host Small Business Summit
- Chicago Flight Delays: Questions Answered
- White House Intruder Got Farther Than Reported
- Jeb Bush: GOP Senate Would 'Fix a Few Things'