The benchmark S&P Sensex is currently up 44.87 points or 0.59% at 7,690, while the broader CNX Nifty Index is up 45.20 points or 0.60% at 7,613.
Concerns over the crisis in
Also, Israeli and Palestinian negotiators on Sunday accepted
Against the greenback, the rupee rose to a 5-day high of 61.0300 from an early low of 61.1650. At last week's close, the rupee was trading at 61.1500 against the greenback.
If the rupee extends its uptrend, it is likely to find resistance around the 60.61 region.
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him
- Wealth Gap Widens as Rich Spend More on Kids' Education
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Lack of Sea Ice Brings 35,000 Walruses Ashore
- Can You Be Fired for Using Medical Marijuana?