Pre-tax profits climbed 17.3 per cent on the year to £17.4m.
Turnover climbed 8.6 per cent to £646m, while the company kept its costs under control - distribution costs fell 0.5 per cent to £38.1m, and administrative expenses dipped 2.4 per cent to £29.6m.
"Profits have increased in the year due to improvements in the performance in Gu," said the firm's financial report.
"There is continuing competitive pressure which always drives us to reducing out costs and improving out eff iciencies."
Despite the rise in profits, the firm paid out £9.3m in dividends to owners
Most Popular Stories
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- 10 Things to Know About Alibaba
- Five Steps to Protect Yourself from Data Breaches
- Concur Sold to SAP for $8.3B
- Chrysler Recalls Nearly 189,000 SUVs
- Federal Probe Finds Christie Did Not Order 'Bridgegate'
- Intruder Gets into White House
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton