In a video interview on his first day as CEO of the business,
A tough first quarter saw an unusual set of football results negatively impact the business, but this was partially mitigated by a strong World Cup performance that was boosted by the level of mobile betting that took place.
While profits were down in the Retail business, Henderson remains fully committed to the shops where 79% of customers still place their bets.
"It's still our most profitable division...in regards to setting up Online in the first place, I think it benefitted from the brand awareness within the
Commenting on the regulatory environment, which continues to be challenging as new taxes are introduced, he says: "If you look at the sector, we already contribute
Looking ahead he sets out his priorities as CEO:
"I've got is to make sure that we continue to leverage our multi-channel opportunity, to be able to continue to develop our technology in a way that will differentiate ourselves from other people. In addition to that, it's about looking at what opportunities are available to us, from an international perspective."
In an accompanying interview
The interview and transcript are available now on http://video.merchantcantos.com/companies/w/william-hill.
MerchantCantos produces in-depth interviews, documentaries and webcasts with senior company executives. If you would like to contact us, please email email@example.com or phone +44-(0)207-936-1352.
Most Popular Stories
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- More Hispanic Voters May Not Mean More Clout
- Eric Garcia Appointed as Revenue Chief
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- Apple Pay Debuts With Few Issues
- New Effort to Ban Child Labor From Tobacco Farms
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Government: 500 Million Records Stolen in 12 Months
- Pistorius Gets 5-year Sentence in Shooting Death
- Mom Makes Toys R Us Pull 'Breaking Bad' Dolls